Retreats & Reflection experiences:
At WholeHearted, we design unique programs for every client. The following topics are indicative of past program designs:
For school communities:
Full-day, half-day, twilight or extended overnight staff retreat program designed specifically for your formation needs
For Human Services, Community, Church or Caring professions:
Full-day, half-day, twilight or extended overnight retreat programs designed specifically for your formation need
Formation workshops for schools:
WholeHearted Director, Greg Sunter, has extensive experience leading seminars, workshops and professional learning on topics including theology, scripture, spirituality, prayer and liturgy.
Sample topics include:
- Interpreting scripture
- Three worlds of the text
- The Jewish world of Jesus
- Who wrote the Gospels? Historical-Cultural world of scripture
- Catholic Social Justice teaching
- Praying with young people
- Approaches to prayer
- Understanding liturgy
- Gateways into spirituality
Greg also works with RE teachers to develop better understanding of the theological, scriptural, moral and ecclesial background for the teaching of Religious Education.
Retreat skill development programs
Working within an individual school or across a cluster or system of schools, Greg Sunter provides skill development and training for those involved in leading student retreats.
Many schools are becoming less reliant on out-sourcing their student retreat programs to external providers and are seeking to facilitate these programs with their own staff.
Skill development and training programs cover topics such as:
- Stages of Faith Formation and Moral Development
- Understanding group dynamics
- Working with small groups
- Communication skills
- Designing retreat programs and individual sessions
- Understanding the ‘flow’ and ‘arc’ of a retreat program
- The use of prayer, ritual and liturgy in a retreat program
- Images and metaphors
- Establishing safe sharing spaces for students
Whole of school approach to formation and student development
I work with school communities to develop an integrated, strategic approach to student formation that aligns retreat programs, reflection days and a variety of other existing activities to deliver a coordinated, developmental, whole of school plan for formation.